CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Welcome Baby Alice!

This pregnancy was a lot easier than the last one. I really, really wanted a girl and thought it probably was. In our ultrasound, the tech said the head of the baby was small (I had to ask to know if I needed to prep for another big head delivery), so that made me pretty hopeful. Plus, my stomach looked like a torpedo like Hattie's did. By the end though I kept telling myself it was a boy, just in case, though I knew I would be absolutely in love with either gender when I saw it.
This first photo is back at the beginning of April. I get really big really fast, then sort of stop, which throws a lot of people off. When I am still counting how many months left, people are asking me how many days.
 This next photo is from the day before I had her. I could feel that she had dropped and I was totally ready to have her by this point.
 Hours before I had her I knew I was in labour, but I decided to go to the movies with my mom and sisters(in-laws) instead of putting grumpy toddlers to bed. Good decision. About an hour after the movie I went into the hospital and had my beautiful baby girl. Such a happy moment!
 The next day we had Tanner, Hattie, and Peter come meet their new baby sister. Tanner and Hattie were in love! Peter, who still called himself "Baby" yelled "No Baby Alice" when asked if he liked her. Haha, he actually adjusted perfectly (thank goodness). We brought her home the next morning and cuddled and kissed her non-stop!

3 comments:

  1. Um.. Congratulations!! I had no idea you had another baby. When was she born? I love love the name and am green with envy you got another girl! (we are having boy #3 in Oct -sigh at least I've got one girl!!) She looks beautiful - what a great bunch of kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have that video of Peter saying "NO BABY ALICE"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Emily, you looked awesome. I wish we lived closer and I could pick your brain on how to have four. I find three difficult…

    ReplyDelete