CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 1st - amazing as always!

I can't really think of any valid reason in the world that I would Ever miss July 1st in Raymond. I can't say the festivities are amazingly fun, because, well, they aren't. I think it must be ingrained in every pore of my body from my childhood from riding behind my mom's horse on a travois dressed as an Indian with my siblings - you don't miss Raymond days.



Like always, we arrive for the parade and set up in our usual spot near Laurene's house. The parade begins and you cheer till you are hoarse so people will throw more candy for me, I mean my kids :), then we have a reunion dinner at Kanyo's with whoever can make it. We eat till we are sick, kids play till they are wiped out, then we hang out at Ralph's, grandma's, or my mom's. This year everyone with kids came out to my mom's to ride horses and play tag on the bales. Everyone loved it, and we had such fun! Then back to Raymond for their kids festival with astro jumps, tonnes of candy, and other fun randoms.Peter loved the parade and fought for the candy as hard as the next kid. We all loved it!

Uncle Chase and his family came down - yay!- and Chase helped the kids rope a cow! Yee haw!Grandma and Grandpa don't miss a beat. They are there for every moment of July 1st. Thanks for settling in Raymond and taking your kids to the parades when they were young. Thanks for helping with all the floats as I grew up, and thanks for cheering and catching candy with my kids now! Sure love you both!



It was also my 10 year reunion this year. Not many people showed, but it was nice visiting with those who did.


We also went to Hill Spring a few days before the 1st for the town triathlon/biathlon. Larry and I went in the team biathlon and kicked butt!!... kind of. I think we got 4th, but it was lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha i believe I was an indian on your travois as well. good times. they don't do floats like they used to....maybe we need to bring it back!

    ReplyDelete