CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A mess is in the eye of the beholder - possibly


Sometimes I look around my house and want to freak because it is always so messy. Seriously, I don't think it can stay clean for an hour.
This was just one of those days : dishes on the counter to return to my mom, unfilled ice trays, movies to return, thank you card to send, and library books to take back were just a few things this picture happened to capture. I remember looking around about to fall into my all-to-frequent dispair, when I started to laugh. There, hanging on the dishwasher and door, were two Buzz Lightyears. I remembered Hattie and Tanner running through on a breeze playing their usual make-believe games, and in their wake were two toys stratigically placed for future play.
I left things as they were and went to play with my kids knowing that it wasn't worth getting upset about a few things left out, and that maybe today, my time could be better spent playing than cleaning.





What fun is an orange if you can't play with the peels after. Tanner is "Wall-E" and Hattie is 'wearing my glasses'. Peter, well, he just thinks those two are always funny.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel too bad, I think every mom can relate. Your kids are so cute with such cute imaginations.

    ReplyDelete